You will be looking at computer screens for several hours each day, not only at work, but most likely also at home with e-books, I pads, cell phones, and TV’s. A 2009 study by the council for Research Excellence states we use the devices 8.5 hours a day!
- Ergonomics- When you stare at a screen without blinking enough to re- moisturize your eyes, your eyes dry out.
- If you wear contact lenses, dry eyes, greatly increase the possibility of developing an infection.
- If not treated over a period of time, this dryness can lead to poor vision
- How to avoid
- Take a break from looking at screens if you are in a project: look away for 20 seconds every 20 minutes
- Don’t squint ( reduces your blink rate)
- Use artificial tears
Winter dries out your eyes more- use a humidifier at home.